Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Transformation


This past summer I decided that I was going to make this little room the BEST room in the Alpha Phi house. Needless to say it took a lot of garage sale shopping and planning to make this room a dream hideaway. I wanted my room to remind me of my travels in Europe while still having a little vintage, rustic feel. I think I can confidently say that I achieved all of that.

Step number one: Take tons of pictures of the room in its nakedness. I know it looks pretty helpless and it may seem that there is no hope for this room, but you are wrong! I see tons of potential in this little nook.

BEFORE:

{Ugly brown window trim}
{Possible desk area? Awkward slant}
After a summer of hard work, I can confidently say that it all paid off!

AFTER:

{Reading Nook with a green Queen Anne chair as the statement piece}
{Antique desk that I spray painted and stained}


{Nightstand, Norge mason jar, antique jewelry catcher, and one of my favorite Roma pictures framed}

{Italia Map above my nightstand}

{My bed with my favorite color combination}
Here are a few things I learned a lot from my experience redesigning my room.
  1. Be patient- You won't find all the perfect pieces all at once. Sometimes they pop up when you least expect it.
  2. Keep an open mind. What you first envision may change.
  3. Garage Sale shopping is KEY for finding those perfect statement pieces.
  4. If you work hard to produce quality work, it will all pay off in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment