Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

A visit from mi madre

My mom came to visit my brother Nick and I this past weekend in Milwaukee. I love being able to spend some quality time with her because she is the best mommy in the world! She is literally always smiling and knows how to make me feel better. Whenever I'm having a bad day at school I call her up and vent to her. She always seems to know what to say... I guess that's just because she's my mom and she's always supposed to know what to say right?!

Mi madre and I having fun making Krumaka.


Everytime my mom visits us we always seem to do the same thing, which is totally fine with me I just like being with her! Here is the Hovda family's usual weekend routine in Milwaukee...
  • Night One: Mom picks me up from MU and then we go pick Nick up from UWM. I can't forget to mention how she screams and runs up to me at the Phi house when she first arrives. I always look forward to that moment because I just feel so special and blessed to have a mom like her. After we pick up Nick we decide where we want to eat. Our choices are Rock Bottom, Cheesecake Factory, or the Capital Grill. This weekend we went with the Cheesecake Factory first because Milwaukee was busting with people. EW. After we stuff ourselves we head to the hotel to pass out in our food comas.
  • Day 2: We wake up super super late (catching up on some much needed sleep) and head to brunch where we continue to stuff ourselves. Then we go shopping! (Nick doesn't really like this part too much, but he puts up with us) After a long day of shopping we head back to the hotel to relax before dinner. Night 2 restaurant options usually include either the Rock Bottom or Capital Grill. This weekend we went with the Capital Grill and boy was it good! I always have to order the citrus glazed salmon because I just have to. After a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable dinner we had back to the hotel and veg out/ enjoy yet another food coma.
  • Day 3 is always the hardest because this is the day that mom has to head back to Wausau. I can tell by her body language and the expression on her face that she dreads leaving us, but she knows that she has to get back home to dad and the pups. This day consists of lots of driving and running last minute errands for Nick before she starts her journey home. This weekend we got to have a quick dinner before she left. The Hovda's can't leave Milwaukee without having dinner at Rock Bottom first. Lucky for me I don't really have class on Mondays so I didn't have any trouble fitting it into my schedule. I ordered a pretty light entree considering how much food I consumed over the weekend, but my mom and brother ordered their usual entrees. After dinner my mom dropped us both off and went back home, but before she leaves she always has to leave us with a little money and a present from Walgreens. she is so cute! This time in honor of Valentine's day she got us both cards and a little something special to decorate our rooms!
After a fun weekend it's time to focus on school and get back to reality. Although I had a wonderful weekend with my mommy, I did miss my third floor ladies so I need to reorganize my room and life in order to prepare for the tough week ahead!

Things to look forward to...
  1. Valentine's Day/ Dinner with Andrew at Buckley's downtown
  2. Nick's Birthday
  3. The weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment