Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

African Coffee Cake

Now I know what you are all thinking... "What makes this cake African?" Well I'm not exactly sure why this cake is named the way it is, but all I know is that it is a huge hit! Make this coffee cake for guests to munch on in the morning and they won't want to leave!

Doesn't this just look divine? This is exactly what I need in the morning.


Deb's Famous African Coffee Cake

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup salad oil
*Mix all of the above ingredients until crumbly. After mixed, take out 1 cup of the crumbly mixture and set aside.

Add to the remaining mixture:
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
* Mix together and pour into a 9x13" baking dish.

Layer as follows:
Batter, 1 cup crumbly mixture, and top with cinnamon (I always like to put a little more on top because I LOVE cinnamon)

*Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes

Frosting:
4oz. butter (1 stick)
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment