Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meet the family

When I visited my family in Norway it was almost as if I was reconnecting a long lost family. It is so crazy how similar our families are, but yet it doesn't surprise me.

First I'll start with Anne May's family... Anne May has three beautiful children. The oldest Adrian with 8 years, Oda with 6 years, and the youngest Alida who is just as cute as button. She was just 11 months when I visited.

Adrian loved playing soccer with me! Good thing I knew a thing or to about how to play :)

Oda loved to help around the house and dress up. One night while making dinner she came up to me with these big pearl earrings in. Ironically I was wearing my pearl earrings too! What a coincidence haha. She is so cute.

Last, but certainly not least is baby Alida. She was such a good baby. She never cried a single time I was there.


Those children are just so well behaved and so cute! Anne May is a great mom :)

I am very close with Anne May. She was so kind to let me into her home and take me around Norway. She was my translator, mother, and friend while I visited and I am forever grateful for her kindness. I miss her everyday because whenever I think of Norway I think of her. She is truly family and the fact that both of us cried when I arrived and left just says it all.

{Forever family}


{Anne May teaching me a thing or two about Norwegian baking}

I can't forget about Anne May's brother Jan Erik and sister Monica! They were so kind to me. Jan Erik showed me nature and Monica made me laugh all the time! What a fun family :) Jan Erik reminds me of my brother Nick. I honestly believe that they are long lost brothers. They act the same and they are obsessed with hunting and fishing. I cannot wait for these two brothers to meet in person!

{From right to left: myself, Anne May, Monica, and Jan Erik}

Anne May's parents Inger Brit and Kristen are awesome. They remind me so much of my parents especially Inger Brit. She acts just like my mom. She's always smiling and just adores her grand children!


 

I cannot wait till I can come back and be with this family again. Hopefully my family and I can visit soon so we can all be together!




No comments:

Post a Comment