Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It only takes one

"It only takes one" is the key phrase that pretty much sums up my experience applying to graduate school. I got denied from the first school I heard back from and then I got accepted into my number one pick! Bittersweet I guess, but now I have been recieving feedback from my other six schools I applied to and I haven't had much luck at all. Honestly if I didn't get accepted into Marquette I would be crying myself to sleep every night because I wouldn't be going to graduate school.

It's such a cut throat process now a days. Everyone is realizing what an awesome field speech pathology is and so the programs keep getting hard and more difficult to get into to. I just thank God everyday that I got into the school that I wanted.

Enjoying some pizza and pasta in Florence


Now I just need to hear back from one more school and the process will be over! I mean I have already verbally committed to Marquette so in reality none of this bad news needs affects me, but the fact that some schools just straight up denied me is a little bit of a bummer.

Now on to Monday.... oh what a Monday I had! I tell ya with meetings and assignments due, the Monday after a long and relaxing spring break couldn't have been more annoying. I had meetings in the morning and papers due throughout the day. AHH! Normally Mondays are relaxing for me because I get to workout and get stuff done, but yesterday was chaotic and flew by too fast!

Today is Tuesday and I always dread this day because it is one of my longer days. I am constantly moving and don't stop until I'm done with work at the brooks. The way I look at these days is I just take one step at a time and take one hour at a time. I have three classes in a row and then I have to get mentally prepare for clinic, which is always a surprise. Hopefully today goes smoothly, but if it doesn't I can always come back to my cozy cabin room and vent to my mother.

This blog keeps me sane, as crazy as that sounds. I am the type of person that has to talk about stuff. If I try to keep it all wrapped up inside me I feel like I am going to explode. Talking about things that bother me, gets it off my chest so that I can focus on other important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment